Pages

Thursday, July 26, 2012

Modeling Update for the Jellyfish

Managed to model the oral arms of the jellyfish, not that great, but progress nonetheless. Also passed them into my wire sim, apparently if a surface is passed in, the wire solver will treat each edge as a wire. Due to this, my simulation is slowed down by a LOT. I'll have to find a way to use the back bone to run through the simulation before using a wire deform to transfer the data to the high resolution geometry.

Also found a way to have the jellyfish move along a curve (using the carve) at a preset speed, no matter the length of the curve. I needed this because I have an expression which animates the jellyfish forward  to the animation of the head. Hence, since the carve node works on a 0-1 range, I wouldn't want to go in and adjust it for the many background jellyfish I have. Hence, I used an arclen() expression to translate my translation value into a 0-1 range that can be used by the carve node. fit01() does not work.

No comments:

Post a Comment