Pages

Monday, July 23, 2012

Just a post

I did a bunch of test POP sims today, but they're not going to be used in my project anymore, so I guess I just wasted one whole day.

Also changed (simplified) my idea a lot after talking to Travis. Some problems with doing my huge swarm of jellyfish would be: 1) the insane rendering time, and 2) doing wire sims for all those jellyfish. The reason I wanted to have the huge swarm at the end was to make the shot interesting, as I was concerned that having some jellyfish floating around really doesn't seem very interesting. However, since Travis said having photorealistic-ish bioluminescent jellyfish swimming around could be made interesting if the lighting, shading and depth of field were used properly, I'm just going to to stick with something simple and polish it. I actually wanted to just concentrate on the jellyfish, but worrying about ending up with an uninteresting shot made me add all the other extra stuff, with POP sims and what not.

At least I get the feeling that I'm on the right track now and not floundering around trying to have an interesting shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment