Pages

Thursday, July 12, 2012

Jellyfish Update

Update on my jellyfish head

Rebuilt my sine expression in VOPs instead of having an expression on the parameter. I'm really glad I did, I can push sliders and watch my animation update interactively instead of editing an expression. So much more intuitive!

Now here's a problem: Since there's a lot of movement in the y axis now, my sort y doesn't work that well anymore, and the problem can be clearly seen with point numbers displayed. Also there's nothing I can do about it since my sine function is working on the curve, not the revolved geometry.

In order to get the "buffeted by fluids" noise on the head, Ari showed me a trick to achieve the effect I had previously achieved with the point numbers, but instead with a colour attribute. So a colour is multiplied onto the normalised point number before revolving. This can be done because the points are in the right order on the curve. When the mesh was subdivided, the attribute was transferred properly, so I could then multiply the noise by this attribute, achieving the desired effect. Thanks Ari!

I then tried creating another attribute instead of using the colour, and it still worked! Hurray!

No comments:

Post a Comment