Pages

Friday, August 10, 2012

Progress update

Progress is really slow at this stage, and I can't really get a nice rim on my jellyfish. And I really don't want to have to light each of my background jellyfish individually. That would be just crazy.

Also fixed my wire sim today after having it hang Houdini. I knew something was wrong when it took ages to rop, but I didn't expect the wires to just explode. Turns out I turned cache simulation off while trying to fix a problem some time ago and the wire solver doesn't like that.


1 comment:

  1. Great work on the jellyfish. You've progressed quite far since you started. It's the last lap so push yourself just a bit more.

    In your earlier video, you had some unevenness on the jellyfish top/crown which make it look more realistic but in this pic above it looks kind of too even. Did you turn off something? Just comparing with your reference pic at : http://60lessons.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/jellyfish.jpg

    ReplyDelete